Voter Card is an essential part of Indian democracy. It is with this card; that an individual can be a part of various elections in India. As soon as an Indian national turns 18; he/she becomes eligible to apply for a voter card. The process for enrolling in the census of India and obtaining a voter card is a simple one. However, there are multiple cases where the voter card gets damaged over the years after issue. These scenarios include blurred photograph, incorrect details , etc. In such scenario, it is advisable to get the voter card re-issued to avoid any inconveniences. This post covers details related to application process for re-issue of voter card or detail correction in voter card.
The following describes the application documents:
- Download and fill form 8. Note: Please fill the form carefully and provide inputs(wherever required).
- Take a photocopy of filled form(above). This is required. I was asked to bring a photocopy.
- Attach a copy of ID proof.
- Attach a copy of existing voter card.
- Attach a copy of address proof.
- Attach a copy of current bill of declared address.
- Carry all originals.
Submit the above application at the nearest office. You will be given a receipt and asked to collect voter card after 30 days. The existing voter card will remain with you and will have to submitted once you collect the new one. Anyone can submit application on your behalf but for collection of new voter card, you must visit in person.
All the best. 🙂