This post is another addition to our Indian Govt. section. However, this one overlaps with Finance category as well. It describes the application process of request to change name or address for a Public Provident Fun (PPF) account held at Indian Post Office. Although the experience described is hands on for PPF account at Indian Post Office; the process should be similar for others as well. The need to change name/address on account could be general or due to marriage.
Following is the application process:
- Written Application: Write an application describing the request, reason and enclosures attached.
- Form: We were given an ordinary account opening form and filled that only for name/address change.Funny. 🙂
- PAN: Copy of PAN card.
- Address Proof: Copy of Address proof. Passport,DL,Aadhar,Voter Card.
- Marriage Certificate: Copy of marriage certificate to support name change.
- All documents mentioned above should be self attested.
- Please carry all originals on the day you submit your application.
Submit the above application at the post office from where you got your account opened in the first place.
The PPF accounts are not centralized and hence application will be received at the same branch that opened the account.
As per the official, successful application takes around 2-3 weeks to process.
All the best. 🙂