UPDATE: Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) has extended the Deadline to get the Compliance plate to 31st July, 2013.
Recently, Indraprastha gas limited has made it mandatory to install a compliance plate for the CNG cylinder fitted in all private vehicles. The plate includes a CNG cylinder identification number, date of installation, water capacity (litres), date of last re-test, vehicle registration number and name of the agency issuing the compliance plate. Cylinders are approved for 3 years in accordance with Gas Cylinder Rules 2004, after which they are to be hydrotested. This post contains information regarding the requirements and the procedure to get the compliance plate.
- All private vehicles running on CNG should get a compliance plate
- showing the CNG kit/cylinder information near the refilling point in the car.
- The plate should be installed/ approved by the fitment center from where the CNG kit was purchased.
- Private vehicles without the compliance plate will not be given CNG after 1st June, 2013.
- The Registration Certificate of the car should have mention of the CNG kit.
- You have to carry copies of the RC, Insurance, CNG installation bill and other CNG related papers.
- Visit your fitment center (The authorized center from where you got your CNG kit installed) with the documents.
- The merchant will provide you the compliance plate within 2-3 days of submitting the documents and will charge anything between Rs. 300- Rs.500 for the same.
Note: You can get the compliance plate from any other fitment center but they might charge you more money. So, we recommend going to the center from where you got the CNG kit installed.
Please share your feedback after going through this process to make this post more useful for readers. If you have got rid of your car loan and want to get the Hypothecation removed from your car registration certificate, please read our post/experience for the same here.