For those who are fed up with MTNL broadband service or have any other reason to discontinue MTNL’s broadband service; this document will guide you to hassle free application processing to disconnect MTNL broadband service.
If you call the MTNL customer care and inquire about the process; they will suggest the following:
- Download form.
- Fill form.
- Submit form along with other items.
I have never heard anyone submitting a successful application with the above mentioned process.
I remember application process that I followed a couple of years back to discontinue the service. Identical procedure was used by a person known to me. The entire process has been described below:
- Application: Write an application describing your intention to discontinue MTNL broadband service. Prepare 2 copies of this. After successful submission of application; take a receiving from officer on one copy. As per a comment from a reader, if you are submitting application on someone’s behalf; then you need to attach any ID proof showing the signature of the person in whose name the connection was taken. Without this they would not accept the application.
- Connection Devices: Submit the following with the application:
- LAN Cable.
- Telephone Cable.
- Mixer Box.
- Modem Box.
- Submission: Application can be submitted at the nearest MTNL branch. The officer will give receiving. Service is disconnected immediately but you will be charged broadband service amount for next 2 billing cycles. That’s what MTNL process says.
- Follow Up: Keep a follow-up of the process to ensure MTNL actions the application. In my case, I went to inquire about status and got to know that the application was misplaced by staff. I had to re submit and paid extra 2 months of bill. 🙁
- Note: There is a possibility that you have to submit the application at one counter and devices at another counter. This might take time and I suggest you to keep 1-2 hours for this work.
All the best !!! 🙂
Please share your feedback for process.