PAN Card : Name/Address Change

An Indian national may need to get some corrections in PAN details registered by the Income Tax Department of India. Some of the scenarios are listed below:

  1. Address Change.
  2. Name change.
  3. Name change after marriage.

Also, there may be a scenario when you need to get your PAN card re-issued due to loss/damage regarding current one. This document lists a recent experience of submitting an application for “Name Change”. The process is similar for other correction related matters; only the documents vary from process to process. The process is very simple and streamlined.

Application Preparation  इस पोस्ट को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें 

  1. Firstly, go ahead and download the form “PAN India Correction Form”.
  2. Fill up the form with “Black” ball pen.
  3. Attach a copy of ID proof (PAN, Driving License, etc.)
  4. Attach a copy of Address Proof(Voter Card,DL,Passport,etc.)
  5. If you are applying for name change after marriage; submit copy of “Marriage Certificate” as well. Please refer following link for “Marriage Registration”.
  6. In other case of name change; please submit appropriate documents related to name change.
  7. Submit prescribed fee.

Submission of Application

  1. Submit to the nearest center.
  2. Submit to a financial broker nearby.
  3. Submit Online along with fees.

You will receive your PAN card within 2-3 weeks from submission date. Also, there is no need to submit old PAN card with the application
More posts on Indian Govt. Processes here.


VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 7.3/10 (29 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +3 (from 7 votes)
PAN Card : Name/Address Change, 7.3 out of 10 based on 29 ratings