An Indian national may need to get some corrections in PAN details registered by the Income Tax Department of India. Some of the scenarios are listed below:
- Address Change.
- Name change.
- Name change after marriage.
Also, there may be a scenario when you need to get your PAN card re-issued due to loss/damage regarding current one. This document lists a recent experience of submitting an application for “Name Change”. The process is similar for other correction related matters; only the documents vary from process to process. The process is very simple and streamlined.
Application Preparation इस पोस्ट को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
- Firstly, go ahead and download the form “PAN India Correction Form”.
- Fill up the form with “Black” ball pen.
- Attach a copy of ID proof (PAN, Driving License, etc.)
- Attach a copy of Address Proof(Voter Card,DL,Passport,etc.)
- If you are applying for name change after marriage; submit copy of “Marriage Certificate” as well. Please refer following link for “Marriage Registration”.
- In other case of name change; please submit appropriate documents related to name change.
- Submit prescribed fee.
Submission of Application
- Submit to the nearest center.
- Submit to a financial broker nearby.
- Submit Online along with fees.
You will receive your PAN card within 2-3 weeks from submission date. Also, there is no need to submit old PAN card with the application
More posts on Indian Govt. Processes here.