Though the Aadhar initiative was moving at a steady pace earlier; it has now picked speed in enrollment as well as enforcement. Indian government has decided to make Aadhar mandatory for various government processes. Eg. Marriage Certificate Registration process makes Aadhar mandatory for husband, wife and witness.
In terms of application, Aadhar has the simplest procedure of all. This document describes my experience for Aadhar enrollment.
- Checkout the nearest enrollment center from the following link. There is a center in C.P, New Delhi as listed on website.
- Also, Aadhar has setup some basic infrastructure for enrollment at Voter Card Registration office, RTO, SDM office.
- You can visit any of these for enrollment.
- Before visiting, download the form at the following link and fill it up.
- Attach copy of your ID & Address proof. Eg. Voter card/DL suffices for ID as well as Address proof.
- Visit the centre. Most centers function from 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM.
- Submit the filled application form.
- You will receive a token.
- All forms are submitted for the day by 11:00 AM and respective tokens are issued.
- Post 11:00 AM, enrollment starts and all data including biometric is captured.
- Acknowledgement slip is given to candidate.
- Refer it for tracking status.