SQLFiddle is an online SQL query processing tool. This means you can run your SQL statements online without having a locally installed database. It can overcome the feature where you can have a database inside a portable disk and plug it for use anywhere. It is also designed to support multiple databases. Following is a list of supported databases:
- SQLite (WebSQL)
- MS SQL Server 2012
I did a quick demo of this tool and following lists my experience:
- Visit http://www.sqlfiddle.com/
- Choose database.
- In the text area on the left side, Enter the scripts to build schema i.e. create tables, insert data, etc.
- Build schema.
- Ensure it is created successfully.
- In the text area on right, enter SQL scripts and RUN.
- Output is displayed on-screen.
- Practice as much you want to.
- You can view explain plans as well.
- I tried the following queries which help me to brush up concepts during interview
- Select employee and respective department details.
- Count of employees in each department.
- Name of department where count of employee is > 100.
- Count of employees in department where employee_id > 1000.
- Self join example.
- Further, you can save the queries by logging in using an OPEN_ID (https://www.myopenid.com/).
- Next time, when you login, the scripts will be populated.
- Create schema and you’re good to go.
Sample Queries and practice demo text can be found here.
Checkout the Video Tutorial for more details: