I visited Sheikh Sarai RTO (Delhi) to submit my application for “Deletion of Hypothecation” i.e. is required after completion of motor vehicle loan. Following details my experience and application process.
As part of the application, you need to submit the following documents (in order):
- Original RC.
- NOC from bank for no dues. Please not that the NOC from the bank is valid only for a specific time which varies across the banks (mostly one month). So, please check for the validity of the NOC if its more than a month old.
- Duly filled Form 35(Attested by bank) in original.
- Copy of Insurance.
- Copy of PUC (Pollution under Control) certificate.
- Copy of Address proof of owner.
- Copy of PAN Card.
*All copies should be attested by Notary or a Gazette Officer.
Though not asked, Please carry respective originals of all documents.
Reach the authority at 08:30 to avoid rush and do as described below:
- Climb to 3rd floor and enter Room No. 322.
- Head to Counter No.4.
- Submit file and pay Rs.350. Collect receipt.
- Head to counter No.5 and show receipt. The executive will give you your file.
- Please check all documents and personal details in the file.
- Sign a disclaimer attached with file.
- Collect receipt.
The application can be submitted on behalf of owner as well. For that, you need to attach the following additional documents:
- Application: Written application by owner authorizing the person to submit application. This application must have the “Authorized Person” signature attested by the person who is authorizing. I was submitting application of my dad’s behalf, so application contained both mine and father’s signature.
- Copy ID/Address Proof of the “Authorized Person”.
You can collect RC after 21 days by showing the receipt.
I will share my experience after I collect RC next month.
Update: Collected my RC today i.e. 29-Jan-2013. Just head to the “enquiry” counter on 3rd floor at sheikh Sarai RTO. Officer will ask for receipts (These were given to you on file submission). He will keep the receipts and return RC. Incase your RC is not available here, please head to room No. 322 and ask for your RC status from Counter No. 3. There is a possibility of a delay and hence i suggest you to collect your RC after a months time.
Checkout other posts on Indian Govt. Processes here.