This document can be of help to people looking for address change in their driving license due to residence change or because of marriage.
It has pointers for people looking for a name change after marriage.
Firstly, in Delhi, any driving license related work can be requested at the RTO from where your license was issued.
Eg. If your license was issues from “Sarai Kale Khan”, you cannot request for any DL related services at Janakpuri RTO or any other.
You will have to visit “Sarai Kale Khan” RTO.
Our case was of “Change in Name” as well as “Address” after marriage.
The following documents are required for a successful application:
- Form L.L.D: This is for duplicate/damaged license; but works for this case as well.(Link to Forms)
- Form 1: Specifying details and mandatory information of fitness.(Link to Forms)
- Marriage Certificate: Required for Name Change case only.
- ID Proof: PAN Card/Voter Card/Passport.
- Address Proof: Voter Card/Passport.
- Copy of Existing Driving License.
- Original: Existing Driving License.
A fees of Rs.420/- is charged.
Following summarizes the experience at RTO:
- After preparing your application; decide a day to visit the issuing RTO.
- Try visiting early to avoid queues.
- An approval from Officer is required for these types of application.
- Get the application approved from Officer and visit the “Data Entry” screen.
- Pay fees at Fee Collection Counter.
- Next up is the biometric section for photograph, signature and finger prints.
- Also, most important is to ensure the details entered in the application. It will be these details that will get printed on the license.
- After approval of your application, you will be given a receipt.
- Keep this as a temporary driving license proof.
The DL is dispatched via courier and reaches within 10 days. We received ours in 4 days !!!
Checkout other posts on Indian Govt. Processes here.