This document guides you regarding the VoterID Card application process.
The scenario that I discuss below is “New Voter Card for Wife after marriage”
Getting voter card made is the easiest process for a wife to obtain a proof of address after marriage.
The following steps are involved in application of VoterID Card:
- Fill up Form6
- Take a Xerox of filled up form. This is required when you will submit the application at the nearest centre.
- Take an extra copy of photograph you attached on Form6.
- Attach photocopy of your existing voter card (if any).You will have to submit your existing voter card when you collect your new one.
- Attach DOB proof (X Class passing certificate).
- Attach photocopy of husband’s voter card.
- Attach Current utility bill for present address.
- In-case you want a name change, an affidavit of marriage or marriage certificate may be required.
While submitting the application, the officer may ask to show originals.
Please carry originals of all supporting documents.
Someone else can submit an application on applicant’s behalf.
But, for collection of voter card, the applicant must go in person to the concerned office.
Applicant will be asked to collect the voter card after 30 days from day of submitting the application.