This document describes procedure to apply in BSES Rajdhani Electricity Department for a Name change for the Electric Meter after purchasing property in delhi. The process is same for other request categories, the document may vary. You can check the BSES Website for more details on documents required in your case.
BSES has a door step service where in you can register for DSS online or call their customer care and raise a request for Name change. The Customer care representative will ask for some details and confirm the documents required. He will raise a request for Engineer/Inspector visit and provide you with a request number. Keep this request no. handy with yourself. It is needed by the Engineer/Inspector on visit. Further, you can track your application progress with this number online as well.
Following is the list of documents required for name change:
- ID Proof: Identity proof of applicant. (Passport/ Election ID/ Aadhar Card etc).
- Address proof of applicant. (Passport/ Election ID/ Pan Card etc).
- Proof of ownership: Conveyance Deed if property is free hold from DDA. Else, copy of registry of sale deed. Please confirm these for your case from customer care representative.
- Duly filled form: There is a name change form to be filled by the applicant. You can get this form from any BSES office and fill it. You can also download the form from here. For all other BSES related form, click here.
- Photos: 2 Passport size photographs.
The inspector will visit your place and ask for originals of all attached documents. He will verify application and put a stamp on all documents. He will provide you with an acknowledgement slip.
The application is processed within 20-30 days.
There is also an option to visit BSES office and deposit the application form and documents. In that case, all your documents should be attested by a “Notary”.
After this request is processed, a new CA number is allotted to you. Hence, I would suggest you to follow up after 20 days to avoid any communication issue. Eg. Your e-bill might not reach you as it is not registered for your new CA number. I suffered late payment due to this.
Checkout other posts on Indian Govt. Processes here.